Sportstracker

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Hains Point 100

Had a rainy, foggy, fun ride to, around, and back from Hains Point to support WABA's Women in Cycling initiative. It was so warm when I left home that I went out in bib shorts and short sleeved jersey. Luckily, I wore rain shoe covers and brought my helmet cover and rain jacket. I would need them before I even left Shirlington with my bagel and coffee. After that initial downpour, it was misty or drizzly for the rest of the ride. There was some great fog that rolled in on the river and in the channel. When you entered the fog, it got really cold and damp but then warmed up once you got out. For all of the weather-related messiness, it was a lot of fun. Rode by FreshBikes just for fun (and to warm up) before riding home in the dark. Didn't total 100 miles or kilometers but did get a respectable 51.5 miles, so I'll call it a day as a half-English century.

Hains Point 100 by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details























No comments:

Post a Comment