Sportstracker

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

World Cancer Fighters and Survivors Day

Since it's World Cancer Day, I feel I have an obligation to make a post today. But I question, no, scoff, at the title, "World Cancer Day," as though we are celebrating cancer. For those of us who have been personally afflicted by cancer, either ourselves or our loved ones, cancer doesn't deserve a day devoted to it, in its honor as it were. It is an evil, ugly, horrible monster that needs to be scorned, reviled, and beaten down. Rather, we need to celebrate, promote, support, strengthen, and comfort those who have faced or are facing cancer. Cancer cannot be allowed to sit in the limelight. It must be fought, with extreme prejudice.
I re-title this day as "World Cancer Fighters and Survivors Day," in honor of all those, like me, who have battled the beast and come out stronger, and in remembrance of those we have lost, like my mom, whose battles were yet strong but ultimately lost in the end.
Here's to you, cancer fighters and survivors! Here's to us all!
Cancer sucks!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment