Sportstracker

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

The Most Exclusive Club

Another anniversary of the day that forever changed my life: it's now been four years since I got diagnosed with cancer and became a member of "the most exclusive club that no one ever wanted to join."
It's funny how getting "the big C" can change your life...for the better. Every day you're still here, the sky is bluer, the sun is warmer, your life is so much more worthwhile and worth living. You focus on what's important and good in your life and how precious life really is. And you find out who your friends are. I found I had a lot more friends than I ever realized.
You also learn how to ask for help, that you don't have to do everything alone, that it's OK to have a few chinks in the armor. I've been blessed with so many people who have been there for me during my treatment and beyond. I can never repay the kindness and support that's been shown to me, so I do the best that I can to pay it forward.
I'm always saddened when I learn of someone else being hit with a cancer diagnosis. I hope and pray for the day when no more people will have to join this "exclusive club" and we can finally kick cancer to the curb. To my friends who are currently battling the beast, take heart. Believe in yourself. You can beat it. And I'll be here to support you through it all in any way that I can.
Like I said last year on my "anniversary" post: Life is such a wonderful gift. Live it to its fullest. Enjoy its blessings. And fight like hell against its obstacles. Every day is the first day of the rest of your life. Don't waste the opportunity you have to make a difference.
I thank God and all of you that I've made it another year, and I'm looking forward to many more. Here's to kicking cancer's ass!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment