Sportstracker

Sunday, June 1, 2014

Baby Steps: First Post-Wreck Ride

I couldn't stand not getting out on my bike so I decided that today was the day to get back out there and see how I felt. Stephanie was kind enough to accompany me (and carry my bike out of and back into the house down and up all of those friggin' steps) on my baby step ride. I knew I wanted to ride to Shirlington and back at a minimum. I felt good enough that we stretched that out and rode up to FreshBikes and around Ballston/Virginia Square. My legs were spinning remarkably easy and my pain level was no more than it is just sitting around the house and, in fact, was sometimes less as I was able to stretch the shoulder out while riding. I certainly didn't set the world on fire but I got back in the saddle, had no abject fear or terror of riding in the street, and felt pretty good. I'm damn happy with that.

Baby Steps: First Post-Wreck Ride by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details


No comments:

Post a Comment