Sportstracker

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Steph's Hilly Ride & Gran Fondo Redux

Couldn't have asked for a better day to ride, even to ride hills! Stephanie provided us with a challenging hill ride, mixing the Hilly Triangle with the Alexandria hills around Hollin Hills. We even had to do a few of them twice since the Garmin skipped part of the hill circuit.  And I conquered the dreaded "Rebecca Drive" that I heard so much about and literally feared. It ain't nothin' but a thang, really anticlimatic, so I'm glad I've conquered it plus those other hills I've been avoiding for a long time. And we were able to secure Gran Fondos for Bill and Steph while Steph and I got to stop off and catch some of the Phoenix Bike Derby in Crystal City. That was a hoot! We've got to get a team together to do the relay next year. Best of all, the legs still felt fresh at the end of the ride. I think I"m actually starting to improve. Oh, and I was able to complete the Strava Skratch Labs Stage Race Challenge to boot. Booyah!

Stephs Hilly Ride & Gran Fondo Redux by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment