Sportstracker

Sunday, May 11, 2014

VeloDCity Heights of Borderlands/Gran Fondo/Century

What a day on the bike! Started out by meeting Brent at Best Buns and riding over to Gregg's hilly tour of Wards 7 and 8 plus a smidge of PG County. The hills were, in fact, quite challenging with one kick-ass one, but somehow, I didn't cry or even whimper and made it up all of them. Right near the end, Gregg's chain broke and we attempted to repair it sans a quick-link or magic pin. After being unsuccessful, luck would have it that another rider who finished earlier was driving by and was able to take Gregg to the bike shop to get it fixed. Since Brent and I were already halfway to a Gran Fondo, I convinced him to come with me and knock out the May edition (so I can get the pink jersey!) after grabbing a quick bite. Got in a couple of Hains Point loops, rode down to Fort Hunt and got some loops there, and then headed back towards home. Once I realized that the Gran Fondo was well in the bag, I suggested that we stretch it into a century just because. We set out on a reverse Arlington Triangle but after slugging it up from Rosslyn and up the corkscrew, I knew I didn't have the westbound Two Sisters in me. I exited at Quincy Street with Brent and rode him home (and got him to 95, which was enough for him). Set off on a longer loop home to try to get my miles and at least half of the Strava climbing challenge. After a few neighborhood loops, I had my century and a little more than 50% of the climbing challenge. Not a bad day's work on the bike. Now I need some food, a shower, and some shut eye. Oy!!!

VeloDCity Heights of Borderlands/Gran Fondo/Century by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details






No comments:

Post a Comment