Sportstracker

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Reston Century/Strava Alpen-Traum 252km Challenge

Wow! What a friggin' day on the bike!!! Started riding at 0609 and finished almost 158 miles and over 16 hours later just before 2230. I "only" did the metric century at Reston but since I rode there and back I was guaranteed a true English century. Not satisfied with that, I decided that I should go for a double metric (124 miles) but then thought "hey, why not try to knock out the Strava Alpen-Traum 252 km in one day ride?". Am I nuts? Absolutely!!! But it was a blast, I was slower but still spinning strong when I finished, and I knocked off yet another challenge and a really monster one at that! Thanks to Rod for inspiration, riding support, and for turning me into an absolute bike nut-job!!! Woohoo!!!!!!

Reston Century/Strava Alpen-Traum 252km Challenge by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment