Sportstracker

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Three Little Words

Three years ago today, I heard three words that would forever change my life: "You've got cancer." The words rang in my ears for a few minutes before they sank in but once you've become a member of "the most exclusive club that no one ever wanted to join," you have to take action and take your life back. Six weeks of chemo and radiation, two surgeries, countless scans and biopsies later, and I'm still here, better, stronger, more focused, and really happy to be alive.
It's amazing how such a diagnosis can have such a positive effect on your life. I don't recommend going out and getting cancer but it really does bring into focus what's really important in life and, more importantly, how precious every day, hour, and minute are.
Life is such a wonderful gift. Live it to its fullest. Enjoy its blessings. And fight like hell against its obstacles. Every day is the first day of the rest of your life. Don't waste the opportunity you have to make a difference. I'm thankful everyday that I have another day here on this earth to live, love, and even gripe. And thanks to all of my friends and family who have been there to support me. I can never ever thank you all enough for all that you've done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment