Sportstracker

Sunday, July 21, 2013

NOVA-CBG Reston Rainbow

We were able to avoid the really bad weather and had a mostly nice, sunny ride around Reston. I started off from Shirlington and got to get some good, leg-stretching riding in for those first 19 miles. On the Reston part of the ride, got to see some interesting sights that I had not known were there. We also had some bike repairs as Jasmine had not one but two flats and no tubes that fit her tiny 650c wheels. The first flat occurred around North Pointe Village Center so I offered to ride back to Reston Town Center to go to the Bike Lane and pick some up. I was smart enough to get two of them so when she got another flat, this time on the front wheel, I thought we were set. I changed the tube but it wouldn't hold any air. It was time to just call it a day for Jasmine's ride so I hung around with her until Carl could come pick her and her bike up and drive her back to Reston Town Center. Of course, I refused a ride and rode the 3 some miles back to Clyde's and actually beat them there! Had a nice after ride lunch and drinks, which was fortuitous since we missed the thunderstorms and just got some light rain on the fast return ride to Shirlington. But I must confess, I did not ride all the way up Walter Reed. Next time.

NOVA-CBG Reston Rainbow by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment