Sportstracker

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Best Buddies Metric

First ride with the new Garmin 810 and had some operator error, hence the ride upload in two parts. The first part covers from the start to the first rest stop in Waterford and the second part covers the rest. Hopefully, I'll be a bit more adept at using the new Gamin on the next ride. 

But back to this ride: it was friggin' COLD out there and it only got colder the closer to the VA piedmont we got. I'm glad I made the last minute decision to wear my knickers instead of regular bike bibs. It made all the difference in the world. I could've even gone with full length bibs and not have gotten overheated. And I survived all of the hills in upper Montgomery County/southern Frederick County MD as well as those nasty things on the VA side in Waterford, Lovettsville, et al. It was also nice running into Mike and Jason from FreshBikes, and Haider and friends from VeloDCity. 

To be honest, the shutdown aborted full English Century conversion to the Metric Century really wasn't so bad after all with the cold and not nice weather today. I can only imagine how cold I would've been on the first 40 miles out of DC at 6:30am this morning. The 9am start in Poolesville wasn't so bad and a tad bit warmer, I suspect. All in all, a good ride.

Best Buddies Metric Part I by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details
Best Buddies Metric Part II by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment