Sportstracker

Saturday, October 5, 2013

2013 Sea Gull Century - Assateague Route

OMG, what an absolutely, fantastic, out-of-this-world, incredible, friggin' bike ride. This was assuredly my best ride...EVER. My ever faithful wing man, Tim, rode the whole course with me. I can't believe that I actually DROPPED Tim several times over the first 43 miles, where I pulled us between 18 and 22 mph. We shared the next 20 or rode next to one another, and then Tim got his revenge and got to drop me a few times as we completed the last 40 miles. I killed it with a 17.3 mph average speed with 17.4 rolling, increasing my average by almost 3 mph over last year. And the weather was perfect: very little wind, no rain, sunny, and incredibly warm, hot even. I am soooooo, soooooooo happy with this performance. I can't wait for next year's ride.

2013 Sea Gull Century - Assateague Route by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment