Sportstracker

Monday, March 17, 2014

BAFS FCBA Spring Ride Day 2

Started off with a wonderful breakfast made for us by the folks at Shady Grove Methodist Church. But then we had to go out and ride and boy, was it cold. The Garmin registered low 20s to start and most temps were below freezing until the bitter end when it may have jumped up around 35 to 37. My toes were absolutely frozen almost from the start, probably due to the fact that my shoes were still wet from Day 1. I bypassed the first rest stop at 17.4 miles and didn't stop until the second one at 31 miles. I jumped in the van to warm up and try to dry my socks and shoes. I spent way too much time there but I just couldn't get warm enough. But I did get out and ride the last 23 miles to the church in Collinwood. Big ride tomorrow: 100 miles to Tupelo.

BAFS FCBA Spring Ride Day 2 by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment