Sportstracker

Sunday, March 2, 2014

BAFS NOVA-CBG Freezing Saddles Supports #WeBikeToDC

Had a little bit of everything in today's ride: sunny and warm, cloudy and comfortable, rainy and cold. My small band of adventurers set out for Greenbelt to ride into DC with #WeBikeToDC, a group of women bike ambassadors here for the National Bike Summit. Teresa came out with us until we reached Mt Rainier then set off back to VA. Demetris and I rode out towards the Silver Diner in Greenbelt and got close when we found the pack enroute to the Capitol as we were going by Lake Artemesia. We got to ride all the way in with them and met up with Andrea and Lesly plus a whole bunch of other riders. Also got to met Demetris' lovely wife, LaTasha, who happened to be in town to do some walking around Hains Point. And I was happy to lead the out-of-towners to the GW Inn, which is back in my old stomping grounds at GW. And I was able to drop Demetris on the way back to Shirlington since he rode his big, heavy Stumpjumper today. It's a cheap win but I'll take it and revel in it! After a short coffee break at Best Buns, I set off for the ride home and several "sleaze loops" in the neighborhood to get my 50.5 miles for the day and my 100 miles for the week. Good sloppy day!

BAFS NOVA-CBG Freezing Saddles Supports #WeBikeToDC by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details





No comments:

Post a Comment