Sportstracker

Sunday, March 9, 2014

BAFS NOVA-CBG Hains Point Plus Venge Test Ride and Charles Drew House

Bright and sunny but windy day. Still had knee pain today in the left medial area but right knee was great after last night's rolling and icing down. Rode down to Hains Point and got blown around by the nasty northerly wind on the ride back up from the point. Decided to reverse course and go back down towards Shirlington but gave up on doing an Arlington Triangle with the group since some had to leave and others weren't keen on the wind. I also wasn't happy with how my knee was feeling so I set off slowly to try to get my mileage and stretch it out. Rode up to FreshBikes and finally decided to test ride an S-Works Venge. Big mistake. I fell in love with it and now must have it at all costs. Perhaps it will be my 50th birthday present to myself. I'm already figuring out how much it will cost after I spec out my dream build. And it is so fast and nimble. Oy! And since I still needed some more miles to get my 100 miles for the week, I tooled around on the way home and decided to do a Facebook "check-in" at the Charles Drew house since I thought Catie would get a kick out of that. Must be fun living in a house that's an "official" check-in location since it's an historic landmark. Plus I got to spend some time with Catie and Wayne and catch up. DST is good for one thing: I had plenty of daylight to get back home. Did some neighborhood laps to get to 30 miles and called it a day. Pretty good ending to the day.

BAFS NOVA-CBG Hains Point Plus Venge Test Ride and Charles Drew House by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details







No comments:

Post a Comment