Sportstracker

Saturday, June 1, 2013

NOVA-CBG Oxford Loop 50 Miler

First really hot day of the bike season but still a great ride and a really good test of Shiksa the TT bike. Had a nice breakfast at the Inn before the ride. Then I really hammered it out of the gate and pushed myself. Allowed myself to drop back (plus I got caught and dropped) for a bit but was generally in the mix. After lunch at The Crab Claw and ice cream at Justines, I was back in the aero position and pushing it well until...the flat from hell. I heard the "psssss" of the air escaping and stopped to change the tube. But alas, the tube I was carrying has a stem length sufficient for my Zipp 303s but NOT the deeper Zipp 404s. Doh! Had to patch the old tube and thought I was golden until it decided not to hold around two miles later. So again with the patching but this time I used multiple patches. It held well enough to get to the ferry terminal and I tried to kick it all the way there. And the "apres ride" was quite enjoyable as well.







NOVA-CBG Oxford Loop 50 Miler by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment