Sportstracker

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Amish Country Bike Tour: Full English Century (and a Little More)

I wound up adding 5 extra miles by making one wrong turn, but that makes this my longest ride ever to date at 107.3 miles. It was a fantastic day in Dover and a lovely ride through the flat, flat, flat little towns by farmers' fields and lots of friendly Amish folk. Did my share of both pulling and drafting on the course and some solitary cruising. I was humming for the first 65, averaging 17 mph. The next loop, with the unexpected "detour," I started to slow down and my average dropped into the low 16s. But the last 12 miles, I got my groove back for the most part and rode for a good part of it with the DC Spokesmen group and brought the average back up to 16.5. This is definitely a must-ride on my schedule for next year.





Amish Country Bike Tour by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment