Sportstracker

Sunday, September 15, 2013

NOVA-CBG Hills and Trees, Thrills and Breeze Plus an Arlington Triangle

Had an absolutely beautiful day for a bike ride. The day started off with a series of malfunctions. Pre-ride, Sue lost a screw from her Look cleats. Luckily, I had some at home from my old Look Keos so I had Sue drive me home and I got it and fixed her cleat. Also pre-ride, Aileen discovered her tire was flat so that had to be rectified. And to top it off, I didn't get to eat my breakfast as I ran around tending to this mishigas. But for all of it, we left on time at 10:15 and bounded off to the Arboretum for a lovely jaunt around and through the gardens. While there, Sue couldn't get her cleat on the other shoe to release only to find that she had lost yet another screw. We jury-rigged it with one screw at the top and one at the outside and got her going again. After climbing all those hills, we set off for Hains Point for some laps. I worked with John and Aileen on pacelining, intervals, and cadence. My average speed is nothing to write home about but I got a good workout anyway. We had a nice lunch/dinner at Beckett's when we got back to Shirlington but I wasn't satisfied with only 40 miles so I did a clockwise Arlington Triangle to bring me up to 57 miles for the day and over 100 miles for the week. Now we get to do it all over again next week.











NOVA-CBG Hills and Trees, Thrills and Breeze Plus an Arlington Triangle by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment