Sportstracker

Monday, September 9, 2013

Indian Head Century: 46+ Miles My Way

This was my "recovery" ride from yesterday's Amish Country 107.3 mile century and it was a good workout but not without its little trials and tribulations. I got to ride with Steve and Sue, who were wonderful, especially after I pulled a "Randi" leaving the first rest stop. I fell, hard and smacked my left knee right on the patella. That took the wind right out of my sails but we pressed on and Steve and Sue kept slowing up for me to catch up. I decided I wasn't going to do the killer "Rose Hill" hill and set out to find my own end-around to bypass it. I was able to find a route that took me a bit further but without any substantive hills and I was able to rejoin the route a few miles later, where I found Joseph and Raaj, joined quickly by Gary and Paris. I started to draft (my favorite activity!) and got my mojo back. I finished strong with a 13.4 mph average. It won't set the world on fire but it's fine with me. Now, what to do tomorrow? Perhaps some more CaBi rides.




Indian Head Century: 46 Miles My Way by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment