Sportstracker

Saturday, September 14, 2013

NOVA-CBG Dueling Triangles

Had a blast doing the "Dueling Triangles" ride. I broke everyone up into two groups, flipped a coin, and that determined who went which way. We rode together from Shirlington to the split for the reverse triangle and then it was game on. Went out strong and fast but lost my little pack as I approached the Route 1 underpass and had to stop to retrieve it. I tried to spin it back up to speed and did get out in front of some who passed me. I started to see the clockwise folks right around the Key Bridge Marriott, which is right around where I expected. As per usual, the westbound Custis rollers slowed me down but I motored through them smoothly and picked up speed wherever it was flat or downhill. Caught up to some of the "boys" on my team on the W&OD and we all finished strong to Shirlington. I'm really looking forward to running this challenge again and I even have plans for a "double triangle" challenge: out one direction, back the other. That should be a hoot. Now gotta rest up for tomorrow's Hills and Trees, Thrills and Breeze ride.


NOVA-CBG Dueling Triangles by kwarkentien at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment